Terms and conditions for any works involving JD tree Services & The client. When a quote is accepted it confirms agreement of the following.
Unless stated otherwise all values mentioned below are including Vat at the current rate.
- A deposit will be requested at the discretion of JD Tree Services & Countryside Management Ltd to book or hold work, (30% of full invoice amount unless stated otherwise). Where over £500, funds will be stored in an escrow account for the clients safety, this may incur addittional cost. In the event a cancellation is made less than 48 hours before scheduled works, JD Tree Services & Countryside Management Ltd, hold the right to charge a cancellation fee to that which is reasonable of costs incurred at that time. In the event that a team turns up on the scheduled time & date of the booked works and we are unable to complete the works due to change of circumstance (not informed prior by the client) or access is not available due to a failure of agreed access or land/ property permission JD Tree Services & countryside management Ltd will charge for the time loss up to the full cost of the job where appropriate. Any additional time required to complete the job will be charged at an extra rate appropriate to the job.
- Where hired in machinery is required, part cost of that machinery shall be paid 14 days before works commence. If this payment is not made JD Tree Services & Countryside Management Ltd reserves the right to postpone the works at the client’s cost, or charge a fee for late notice cancellation/payments.
- In the event of aggressive or inappropriate behaviour towards any member of staff JD Tree Services & Countryside Management Ltd reserve the right to stop works. In this event the client is responsible for the full payment of works being carried out on the day.
- JD Tree Services & Countryside Management Ltd reserve the right to cease work and charge the full amount of works on the day should it be found the client has withheld information regarding property/tree ownership, conservation area/ TPO status or, where applicable, approval for works on boundary disputes or neighbours’ property.
- Final payment is due on satisfactory completion of the job and/or within 14 days from the date of our invoice. (unless stated otherwise).
- JD Tree Services & Countryside Management Ltd reserve the right to charge a late payment fee of 20% interest above bank base rate per day payment is overdue.
- Complaint or query's over works must be made no later than 14 days after the date work has been completed. Due to the aspects of works carried out, no warranty for health or safety of any Trees, hedges or other plants is given or implied, unless stated otherwise in writing.
Under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulation 2013, you have a right to cancel a contract with us during a period of 14 calendar days from the day of quote acceptance. During that period if you choose to cancel the contract any money paid by you will be refunded.
However if you have already given written approval for the work to begin before the end of the cancellation period you may be required to pay for goods or services already provided.
If you wish to cancel the contract you must do so in writing and deliver personally or send (which may be by electronic mail or post) this to the company of which all details are on the quote.
The notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or in the case of an electronic communication from the day it is sent. Please download, fill in and return this form at the bottom of this page in the event you wish to do this.
JD Tree Services & Countryside Management Ltd always endeavours to provide the best service. However, on rare occasions there may be times where a customer may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure the business can put things right for you, as soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out based on the contract terms and to the high standards the business aims to achieve.
Please contact the business straight away with any concerns either by phone, email or write to us. If writing, get proof of posting.
Business Complaint Procedure
On receipt of your complaint JD Tree Services & Countryside Management Ltd aims to respond within 5 days. Where possible, we will provide a date to remidy the issue.
The business will arrange a convenient date to come and view and/or remedy the situation within 28 days.
In the unlikely event the business is unable to resolve your complaint having exhausted the business complaints procedure, it may be necessary to use another complaint service. Where the business cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction and/or agree to the final resolution requests confirmed to us; and both parties agree a ‘deadlock’ has been reached, you can then escalate your complaint.
The business has access to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service for our domestic installation, service, repair and maintenance contracts as part of the Which? Trusted Traders Endorsement. If you choose to you can refer your complaint to Which? Trusted Traders’ Alternative Dispute Resolution. You will need to contact Which? Trusted Traders on 02922 670 040 who can explain if you are eligible to use their Alternative Dispute Resolution.
All information gathered via any platform used by JD Tree Services is stored securely within our systems. Our systems are encrypted to ensure security. This information is not sold or passed on.